Volunteer as a Better Place Ranger
Is the great outdoors your happy place? Do you love our local parks, nature and talking to people?
Join our Better Place team as a Volunteer Ranger
- Park inspections (a light walk through Better Place play sites looking for signs of damage or potential hazards to maintain the safety of young children)
- Gardening (weeding, planting, seeding play lawns, pruning, cutting back hedges)
- Light landscaping
- Maintenance of sandpits
- Basic repairs
- Other maintenance tasks such as sweeping paths, cleaning statues, equipment, touching up paintwork and removal of graffiti.
Plus there may be opportunities to help out with community engagement events and office work.
You will be reimbursed for travel costs, lunch and personal protective equipment. Activity would be between 9.00am and 1.00pm weekdays, depending on your availability and desired level of commitment.
Why volunteer as a Ranger?
There are lots of benefits to volunteering in this role, including:
- Gaining new skills
- Spending lots of time in the fresh air getting exercise
- Meeting new people
- Improved mental health and wellbeing
- Getting to know the parks and greenspaces in the Better Start Bradford area
- Satisfaction in contributing to the upkeep of important spaces for local families with young children
To find out more please email Gale: