Apply for up to £200 to run a summer family event!
10 July 2023
Voluntary and statutory sector organisations in the Better Start Bradford area can apply for up to £200 to run a one-off summer play event for families with 0-3s. Events should have an emphasis on low-cost play, in-keeping with this year’s ‘Playday’ theme ‘playing on a shoestring’. We will fund up to ten organisations in total.
Your play activities must focus on helping children:
- Eat well and be healthy
- Talk and communicate well
- Be confident, friendly and understand their emotions and behaviour
Ideally, they should be activities that families could replicate at home using everyday things they have at home.
The application process is simple:
Please email the following details to [email protected]
- Details of the activity you’d like to run (what are you planning, date, time, indoors or outdoors etc?)
- How much money you are requesting
- The number of families you expect to engage at the event
- How you will promote low-cost play ideas
The deadline for applications is Monday 17 July 2023 at 5.00pm.
You will hear if you have been successful by Monday 24 July 2023. There are no formal monitoring requirements, however, if you are able to share photos with Better Start Bradford – or on social media, tagging in Better Start Bradford – that would be appreciated (with written permission from parents/carers).