Expression of Interest
Better Start Bradford are looking for consultancy support to lead on the development and delivery of Baby Week Bradford, 15 – 21 November 2021 – “Bradford Babies are Everyone’s Business”.
About Better Start Bradford
Better Start Bradford is a 10-year programme funded by The National Lottery Community Fund to improve outcomes for children aged 0-3. We are based in three of the most deprived wards in Bradford and were awarded £49 million in 2015 to deliver a “test and learn” portfolio of interventions aimed at showing what works in improving early childhood development outcomes. We have 20 projects and extensive workforce and community engagement functions underpinning the delivery.
About Baby Week Bradford
Baby Week originated in Brazil (Semano do Bebe) and original founder Odon Cavalcanti wrote: ‘O bebe, quando compreendido e amado, sera: O escolar alegre, o adolescente que ira entender as suas tensoes e o adulto que tera sabedoria para amar sofrer encerrar a vida feliz’. “The baby when understood and loved will be the happy student, the teenager that understands his tension and the grown up with knowledge to love, suffer and died happy.
The earliest years of life are now recognised as a critical period of development for the growing child and with the publication of The best start for life: a vision for the 1,001 critical days and the launch of The Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood, by the Duchess of Cambridge, there has never been a more influential platform to share messaging to ensure Bradford babies and children get the best possible start in life.
2021 will see the fourth year of Baby Week Bradford. Baby Week Bradford will be a fun and informative week for the city of Bradford and outer-lying areas – an opportunity to hold the baby in mind and central to everything that we are trying to achieve here in Bradford. The week offers time to showcase some of the best practice to share among professionals, families but, most importantly, an opportunity to re-engage with our most vulnerable and isolated families in Bradford.
A copy of last year’s programme can be found here.
- We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic consultant event planner to lead on Baby Week Bradford 2021. The event planner’s responsibilities include providing outstanding community and key stakeholder liaison and organising a memorable event that meets quality expectations.
- The week will encompass a family focused activity supported by a blended offer of sessions aimed at professionals and decision makers.
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits.
- Liaise with the Better Start Bradford Steering Group to identify their needs and to ensure community and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Work across other Baby Week sites (Leeds and Cheshire and Merseyside) to benefit from and support joint approaches for delivery and participation.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to the Better Start Bradford Steering Group.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality.
- Organise facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, key speakers, equipment, promotional material etc (separate budget to be agreed).
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Specify event staff requirements and coordinate their activities.
- Work closely with the Better Start Bradford Communications Team to promote and publicise events via the programme’s established social media platforms and other communication channels.
- Support the Better Start Bradford Communications Team, where required, to develop and disseminate a Baby Week Bradford promotional activity pack for the early year’s workforce.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems prior and on the event day.
- Conduct pre/post event evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Identify event opportunities and generate interest.
- Proven experience as an events planner or organiser
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (meetings, corporate events)
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- MS Office proficiency
- Willing to submit references from previous clients
- BSc in Event Management or related field
- Know and understand our Bradford District population and local community in the Better Start Bradford area
- Know and understand the needs of children aged 0-3 and their parents
- Have an understanding of the Better Start Bradford programme
The contract will commence with immediate effect following appointment. This project will require the provider to work at pace to successfully deliver the November event. The person or organisation commissioned will arrange meetings with the Baby Week Bradford Steering Group to agree the providers proposed work plan and timeline for delivery.
We anticipate the work will take approximately three days per week from the contract start, including full time during Baby Week Bradford. Approx. 50 days (Including 15-21st November).
Proposed fee for the work – £15,000.
How to express your interest
Please submit expressions of interest using the form below. Please also include a CV/credentials and a letter outlining how your experience matches the requirements and how you would approach the work.
These should be returned by email to Kerry Bennett, Integration & Change Manager by 9 August 2021. [email protected]
If you would like further information, please note Kerry is on holiday until Monday 2 August, so in the meantime, please contact Michelle Thompson, Communications Manager: [email protected]
Closing date for EOIs: Monday 9 August 2021
Assessment by panel: Tuesday 10 August 2021
Contract start: Monday 23 August 2021