Tier 2 Trauma-skilled Practice (Online)
Full-day training course
For workforce and volunteers
Tuesday 21 November 2023
10.00am - 5.00pm
Online via Zoom
This training is only for members of Bradford’s workforce who have already received Tier 1 training.
Join us for an interactive learning experience about Trauma-skilled Practices in Bradford.
This CPD-accredited, full-day session will guide you through the Tier 2 Trauma-skilled Practice framework, building on Tier 1 Trauma-informed knowledge and taking it to the next level.
This event is perfect for a wide range of public and third sector services, as well as anyone interested in Trauma-informed approaches.
We strongly advise that trainees should have received some form of Tier 1: Trauma-informed Practice training prior to this. If you have not yet, you can sign up to our courses online and in-person at the links provided.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to network with like-minded individuals and gain valuable insights. Register now to secure your spot!
This full-day session will cover the following topic areas. All of these will build upon knowledge shared in our Tier 1: Trauma-informed Practice courses .
- Adversity and trauma: What different types of both are, and how each can affect us
- Impact of adversity and trauma: Unpicking a range of symptoms and how they might appear
- Resilience: How to support resilience and recovery in different ways
- Trauma-informed Practice: Recapping the principles, framework and fundamentals of applying these within your working context, as well as delving into the following areas:
- Psychological First Aid
- Responding to risks
- Responding to trauma disclosure
- Empowering service users
- Seeking tailored and specialist support
- Staff well-being
Better Start Bradford, Bradford Trident and WAVE Trust are delivering Trauma-informed training, ATR materials, and restorative services (such as supervision and peer support) across the Bradford district between 2022-2025. This collaboration is part of the Bradford ATR programme and has been funded by Public Health.
Event contact details
If you have any queries about this event, please contact the ATR Team.
You may also like to look at...
Find out how to refer parents/carers for specialist support around the parent-infant relationship, or how you can benefit from consultation and training as a professional - delivered for us by BDCFT.