HENRY - A Healthy Start in Childcare Training
Free online training course to equip early years settings staff to provide a healthy start to children in their care
For nursery staff, daycare staff and childminders in the Better Start Bradford area
Tuesday 22 November 2022
10.00am - 12.30pm
Online (first of three sessions)
This HENRY training aims to develop early years settings’ ability to provide healthy routines, food, and activity for the children in their care.
It takes place over 3 online sessions and covers:
- The vital role of childcare settings in supporting a healthy start in life
- National guidance for nutrition and menus in childcare settings – healthy meals, snacks and portion sizes for
young children (Eat Better, Start Better)
- Modelling a healthy lifestyle within the setting – vital in influencing children’s lifestyle habits and preference
- Active play – why it matters and ways to encourage it
- Managing children’s behaviour in ways that promote healthier physical and emotional wellbeing so children start school ready to learn
This is for staff working in early years settings in the Better Start Bradford area (Bowling and Barkerend, Bradford Moor, Little Horton).
Please note, this event is not organised by Better Start Bradford. If you have any questions about the event – or would like to check it is still running before attending – please contact the organiser directly.