Doula Training - Level 3 Accredited Training
A free 13-week volunteer training course
For women passionate about supporting other women through pregnancy, birth and beyond
Wednesday 28 September 2022
9.30am - 1.30pm
Carlisle Business Centre, BD8 8BD
Passionate about pregnancy and birth-informed choices? Bradford Doulas are back with another 13-week CERTA-accredited volunteer doula course.
Doula is the Greek word for ‘wise woman’. Acting as a professional friend, volunteer doulas help women make informed choices about their pregnancy, birth and infant feeding choices.
As a volunteer doula you will offer practical and emotional support to pregnant women six weeks before birth, during labour and six weeks after.
Over the 13 weeks of training you’ll cover:
- Introduction and antenatal (2 days)
- Active birth (2 days)
- The birth: working with professionals
- Breastfeeding peer support (2 days)
- Postnatal and perinatal mental health
- Safeguarding and domestic abuse
- Smoking in pregnancy
- The date above is the start date with training taking place over 13 weeks
- Training will be delivered via a mix of virtual and face-to-face
- You must have eligibility to work in the UK
- You must have access to a digital device and e-mail to complete modules and essays
- Any face-to-face sessions will be delivered at Carlisle Business Centre, BD8 8BD
- You must volunteer for a minimum of 2 years or support 2-4 families before references are offered
If you’d like to find out more or would like an application form, please contact Bradford Doulas on:
Please note, this event is not organised by Better Start Bradford. If you have any questions about the event – or would like to check it is still running before attending – please contact the organiser directly.