'Bin the Bottle' Exchange for Free Flow Cup
Oral health event to swap baby bottles for free flowing cups
Families with children of 1 year plus
Thursday 2 February 2023
9.30am - 4.00pm
Farcliffe Children's Centre, 56 Toller Lane, BD8 8QH
This drop-in exchange session is being delivered as part of the ‘Bin the Bottle’ campaign delivered in partnership with the Community Dental service from Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust and Better Start Bradford.
Once babies reach the age of one they should be encouraged to use a free-flowing feeder cup instead of a baby bottle. Liquid flows much slower through a bottle meaning a baby’s teeth are in contact with the sugary substance for longer, which can increase the chance of tooth decay. Swapping to a cup will therefore reduce this risk.
They don’t need to use a bottle at all if they are breastfed, they can move straight onto a cup.
At each location, parents and carers will be able to collect:
- A free toothbrush
- A toothpaste pack
- A free-flowing feeder cup
There will also be oral health improvement staff on-hand to offer expert advice and dentists to offer free dental checks for toddlers who come along with their parents.
The locations and dates are as follows:
- Barkerend Family Hub, BD3 8QX – 18 January, 12.00pm to 1.45pm
- St John’s Clinic, BD4 8TU – 24 January, 1.00pm-3.30pm
- Strongclose, BD21 4LW – 25 January, 8.45am-9.10am and 12.30-12.50pm (Please note, there will be no dentists or dental checks available at this clinic)
- Homewood Health Centre, BD4 9EJ – 1 February, 9.30am-12.30pm
- Farcliffe Children’s Centre, BD8 8QH – 2 February, 9.30am-4.00pm
- Royds Healthy Living Centre, BD6 3UD – 6 February, 9.30am-12.30pm
Please note, this event is not organised by Better Start Bradford. If you have any questions about the event – or would like to check it is still running before attending – please contact the organiser directly.